1978 Scrimshaw Records/ABC Records Double Album (Asp 1001)
Producer: “Today” by Jimmy Bowen for Scrimshaw Records.
Arranger: Alan Moore
Producer: “Yesterday” by Randy Wood for DOT Records.
Arranger: Milt Rogers, Joe Reisman and Billy Vaughn
Later released by KTEL (NA 607 MX 206185)
2. Are You Really Mine
3. Kisses Sweeter Than Wine
4. Oh Oh I´m Falling In Love Again
5. Just A Closer Walk With Thee
7. Woman From Liberia
8. Waltzing Matilda
9. The World I Used To Know
10. Its Over.
1. A Good Woman Likes To Drink With The Boys (Dave Ellington) Chappell/Brown Shoes BMI
2. Hold Back The World (Jimmie Rodgers) Bibo Music/Steel Plate Music/13thDay Music ASCAP
3. Everytime I Sing A Love Song (Skleron-Molinary) Peso Music BMI
4. Everybody Needs Love (Jimmie Rodgers) Bibo Music/Steel Plate Music/13thDay Music ASCAP
5. It´s My Time John D. Loudermilk) Acuff-Rose BMI
6. Dancin´ On The Moon (Jimmie Rodgers) Bibo Music/Steel Plate Music/13thDay Music ASCAP
7. When Our Love Began (Sherill/Reneau) Highball Music BMI and Lowball Music ASCAP
8. Shovelin´ Coal Missouri (Jimmie Rodgers) Bibo Music/Steel Plate Music/13thDay Music ASCAP
9. I Have You (Jimmie Rodgers) Bibo Music/Steel Plate Music/13thDay Music ASCAP
10. Just A Little Time To Say Goodbye (Jimmie Rodgers) Bibo Music/Steel Plate Music ASCAP
KTEL: The “Today” side masters of this double album are now owned by Jimmie Rodgers.
Album listed above was released and sold or licensed to KTEL without Jimmie Rodgers knowledge. It was originally recorded in Nashville on Scrimshaw Records owned by Bob Gentile (now deceased). The album was produced by Jimmie Bowen. Six of the songs on the today side and two songs on the yesterday side were written by Jimmie Rodgers. These songs have been released in England and the U.S.
In their divorce settlement (Melanie Gentile) Bob Gentile’s ex wife received ownership of the Scrimshaw masters and released the songs through KTEL without notifying Jimmie Rodgers. At some point she sold the masters to Grant Griffin in California who sold the masters back to Jimmie Rodgers. Rodgers now has the masters and a written bill of sale signed by Griffin.
In the confusion Rodgers has never received any information about the sale or license to KTEL nor has he received any royalties. The album was an $80.000 dollar production by Scrimshaw Records. Record of inventory to Jimmie Rodgers dated Nov. 27 1989.
The agreement between Grant Griffin American International Records and Jimmie Rodgers is dated Nov. 27 1989. Sold to Jimmie Rodgers for 500.00 dollars. The sale to Grant Griffin From Melanie Gentile is dated September 6 1986 for 3000.00 dollars. All information about this album should be passed on to Jimmie Rodgers (owner) who now has the masters.